RSS Feed

Thursday 10 September 2009

Why study history?


History has different affection for our society. People learn and listen about history to go forward in their lives. It has various degrees of culture that can help our future. Societies involve their understanding in life with history to continue their own existence. It helps us want to believe in change and accept many deceptions. We learn that we are not different from each other and are not the first human on earth. History is a need for us to compare with reality. In a way, history is an example of our present. We feel better by knowing that we improved after all these years. I would conclude it as an exceptional relief. Personally history has always affected me in an uncertain way. One example of the french colonial influence on me as a Moroccan is that now i naturally speak french, and i have a double culture. It makes me wonder how different life is from the past and how would it be in the future. I could probably say that I love history because of what it teaches us, which is in my point of view knowing what happened before us and how different it was so that we can be ready for anything that might occur tomorrow. There is a quote I always use as a reference which is about life and that it's a crazy ride and we never know what is going to happen tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I am seeing that you really put some thinking into this post. Thanks for putting in the effort. You are doing good work with your writing. Continue to push yourself to think and to write.

    ReplyDelete