RSS Feed

Thursday 21 January 2010

What I learned in the Socratic Seminar?


During last day's seminar, I learned a lot from the group. I learned from my group and from others' groups in the socratic seminar. I noticed that most of the people participated and those who didn't either wanted to listen or didn't understand what was going on. Many people like Amine, Mohamed Slaoui and Myriam and other names made good remarks on the EQ questions. Others changed subjects but that was realated to the discussion in another way. I talked i little bit but i wanted to share more. Next time maybe i would speak without hesitating and without thinking my answer is wrong, after all we are all learning ( in a group ) it helps.


Most people wanted to enter the circle because the discussion was getting interesting. I also noticed that once we began everyone became silent and listened to the discussion and no one was bored not that i know of. There was a debate between Mohamded Benouanas and Myriam Belghiti about the "conflicts that lead to change", Zineb and I interacted with them and proved many points. The conversation lasted all the period that's what was good about it. It is also fun in a way that you don't have to stand up in front of everyone and speak to the whole class you are in a small group per question and you talk or don't and when you don't, the others talk about things and then you bring up opinions and ideas. I think this is better if we could do this socratic seminar twice a week or so it would be better than just sitting in desks taking notes we learn more and memorize more than the notes.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you recall the discussion and I like your blog design :)

    ReplyDelete